Cleaning your outdoor spaces can be a daunting task, but with the right tools, it becomes a breeze. Hidrolimpiadoras eléctricas y Hidrolimpiadoras sin cable have emerged as the game-changers in the world of outdoor cleaning, revolutionizing the way we tackle dirt, grime, and stubborn stains. As leading experts in the pressure washer manufacturing industry, China Taizhou Bison Machinery Co, Ltd excited to present this comprehensive guide that will equip you with everything you need to know about electric pressure washers and cordless pressure washers.
What is an Electric Pressure Washer?
An Electric Pressure Washer is a type of high-pressure washing machine that uses electricity to power a motor which drives a pump to generate high-pressure water. It is designed for various cleaning tasks and is particularly effective for removing dirt, grime, mold, mildew, grease, and other stubborn stains from various surfaces.
How do Electric Pressure Washers Work?
Electric pressure washers work by utilizing an electric motor to power a pump that pressurizes water and then expels it through a nozzle or spray wand at high velocity. Here’s a step-by-step explanation of how electric pressure washers work:
- Electric Motor: The pressure washer is equipped with an electric motor that is connected to an electrical outlet. When you switch on the pressure washer, the electric motor starts running, converting electrical energy into mechanical energy.
- Water Inlet: The pressure washer is connected to a regular garden hose that supplies water. The water flows through the hose and into the pressure washer’s water inlet.
- Pump: The water from the garden hose enters the pump, which is the heart of the pressure washer. The pump is responsible for increasing the water pressure significantly. It operates by using a piston or plunger mechanism to compress the water and force it through a small nozzle or orifice.
- Pressure Build-Up: As the water is compressed and forced through the nozzle, the pressure inside the pump increases. The pressure is measured in pounds per square inch (psi). Electric pressure washers typically have a pressure range from around 1,500 to 2,000 psi for residential models, and some commercial units can reach higher pressures.
- Spray Nozzle: The high-pressure water exits the pump and passes through a spray nozzle or interchangeable spray wand. The nozzle determines the spray pattern and the intensity of the water stream. Different nozzles offer various spray patterns, such as a narrow, concentrated stream for tough stains or a wider fan-like spray for larger surface cleaning.
- Trigger and Spray: The spray nozzle is attached to the spray wand, which has a trigger. When you squeeze the trigger, it opens a valve, allowing the high-pressure water to flow out of the nozzle. Releasing the trigger closes the valve and stops the water flow.
- Cleaning: With the trigger engaged, the high-pressure water jet is directed onto the surface to be cleaned. The force of the water effectively blasts away dirt, grime, mold, mildew, and other contaminants from various surfaces.
- Pressure Adjustment: Many electric pressure washers come with pressure adjustment settings that allow you to control the pressure level. This feature enables you to adjust the intensity of the water spray based on the cleaning task and the type of surface being cleaned.
- Automatic Shut-off: Electric pressure washers often have an automatic shut-off system that stops the electric motor when the trigger is released. This helps conserve electricity and prevents the motor from running continuously when not in use.
Ventajas de las hidrolimpiadoras eléctricas
- Electric washers are generally less expensive than gasoline-powered units.
- They can be used indoors (e.g., cleaning showers and washing garage floors) without the threat of carbon monoxide.
- On average, these units can deliver 500 to over 3,000 PSI.
- Requires very little maintenance.
- Is portable (carried or towed with handle and wheels).
- Quieter than gasoline washers.
- Uses less water GPM than semi-commercial and professional grade units.
Cleaning performance of electric pressure washers
- Performance depends on the flow rate (GPM) and nozzle spray pattern.
- The closer the nozzle is to the work area, the more powerfully it will remove dirt, stains, paint, etc.
- You must carefully test different nozzle spray patterns on the surface to be cleaned so as not to damage the underlying material.
- Standard kits usually have four nozzles (usually 00, 150, 250, 400), giving you various cleaning options.
- Turbo nozzles are optional and not required. But they are convenient and clean 50% faster than traditional single spray angle nozzles.
Hidrolimpiadoras sin cable
How do Cordless Pressure Washers Differ from Electric Ones?
Cordless battery-operated (lithium-ion) pressure washers are relatively new, so there aren’t many brands or options yet.
The advantage of cordless pressure washers is that cords do not tie you down.
The primary difference between cordless and electric pressure washers is the power source. Cordless models are battery-powered, while electric models are connected to an electrical outlet.
Another advantage is that they can often draw water from a bucket rather than relying solely on a garden hose as a water source. This makes them very portable, ideal for use in places without a tap or an electrical outlet nearby.
So far, we’ve seen models with one or two Li-Ion cells up to 40V. These machines have decent run times on a single battery charge (about 20 minutes on a 40V 4.0 amp hour battery).
However, cordless machines have limited power compared to corded pressure washers. The units we’ve seen so far top out at around 800 PSI. Generally, basic consumer models start at 1,400 PSI and go up to 2,000 PSI or more.
If you want a good cleaning machine that is lightweight, completely untethered, maneuverable and requires no garden hose, then the cordless battery-powered unit is for you to select. If you need more power and faster cleaning capabilities, your best bet is a corded pressure washer.
Hidrolimpiadoras eléctricas frente a hidrolimpiadoras sin cable
At the low end of the pressure washer classification, you’ll likely see cordless machines hitting somewhere in the 500 to 800 PSI range.
Electric pressure washers are great for cleaning muddy bikes, cars, boats, windows, gutters, and more, but not for removing paint or oil-soaked stains from concrete sidewalks.
Using the cordless pressure washer is much easier than using an electric pressure washer. With no wires to tie you down and a built-in water tank, you can clean where traditional electric pressure washers can’t. They are light to move and use, easy to store, run quietly and have no fumes or odors. They’re all-around better and easier to use.
From cleaning grills to cleaning bikes, portable battery-operated pressure washers are designed to be versatile and practical.
Benefits of electric pressure washers
Over the years, electric pressure washers have become more and more popular due to their many advantages. With modern models durable, robust and efficient, there’s no longer a reason to settle for noisy, bulky and expensive gasoline-powered machines. If you’re in the market for a new pressure washer system for your commercial or industrial business, here are six reasons to invest in an electric pressure washer instead of a cordless model.
Gas pressure washers can be as loud as 100 decibels, which can be loud enough to damage your hearing if you’re not careful. On the other hand, electric washers emit only about 78 decibels, similar to conventional washing machines. This means you don’t have to worry about wearing hearing protection when using electric ones. Additionally, they are better suited for environments where noise needs to be minimal, such as hospitals and schools.
Electric pressure washers are much lighter than gas-powered units because they don’t have a heavy gasoline engine. Entry-level electric pressure washers have a smaller footprint. This makes them easier to maneuver around corners and in tight places. However, since electrical devices need to be plugged into a power source, they must be used near it. Fortunately, you can purchase hose extensions to get into hard-to-reach areas.
All-electric pressure washers do not require diesel or natural gas to operate; they emit no toxic fumes that can harm your health and the environment. Unlike gas models, which can only be used outdoors or in well-ventilated areas, all-electric pressure washers are safe to use indoors and enclosed spaces. This makes them ideal for manufacturing and food processing industries.
Require less maintenance
Electric pressure washers require little maintenance because they have few moving parts. On the other hand, gas pressure washers require regular cleaning and engine maintenance.
Easier to use
Start your electric pressure washer with the push of a button. On the other hand, gas models may require a pull to start, which can be difficult. Another great thing about electric pressure washers is that you can plug them in and start working. In contrast, gas models must be topped up with fuel before use.
An electric pressure washer’s initial cost is lower than a gas-powered model’s. Plus, you don’t have to spend money on fuel or oil, which can save you considerable money in the long run.
Benefits of cordless pressure washers
The main benefit of going cordless is the access it brings. Save time unraveling hoses and extending cables, and choose to clean better under pressure.
Cordless pressure washers get the job done fast: From the casing of pools, hot tubs, awnings, and railings to grills, a high-pressure water cannon with the correct nozzle can remove grime in a flash. No one can deny the satisfaction of watching stubborn dirt splash off paving stones.
Cordless models do not require the use of a garden spigot. Hidrolimpiadoras sin cable have a siphon that draws water from almost any source. For example, water is drawn from a bucket, container, and even a rain barrel. So from blowing up balconies to removing pigeon droppings – grab your little cleaning station and walk around for excellent cleaning.
Request Your Free Electric Washing Machine Quote Now
At Bison Clean, we have more than 10 years of experience in manufacturing high pressure washers, power washers, soft washers and more
Bison’s experts know the exact amount of pressure to put on any surface. Whether it is high-pressure cleaning or gentle cleaning, we can give you the most correct advice and provide the most suitable products to help you complete your work and win the market.
Request a free quote for Bisonclean today. Bison high pressure washer manufacturer is headquartered in Zhejiang, China, and can provide services all over the world.